Harris Teeter Soups - Foreign Objects in Soup Container
2/1/2014 I opened a can of Harris Teeter Wild Mushroom Bisque Soup (you know, the one they sell in the refrigerated section), and made a bowl of soup. While eating the soup I felt something in my mouth that definitely wasn't soup, and unfortunately I had bit down on it, and I think I cracked a tooth. Upon pulling the object from my mouth, I found this about 1 inch long piece of clear plastic that is sharp and pointed on both sides. I checked the container, and nothing was broken off the container so it must have entered the container during manufacturing...., Ugh..., I'm totally grossed out..
So I called Harris Teeter last night 2/1/2014 and spoke to the General Manager Tony Vittesse, and he was totally concerned about me bringing the container in, and sending it to their Quality Control Department. I told him that I was concerned I might have broken a tooth, and he said don't worry we'll take care of you. So I have an appointment at the dentist tomorrow morning. I was concerned that there might be other foreign objects in other soups on the shelf so I asked Tony if he'll be removing those from the shelf and he said he would.
2/2/2014 Unbelievable! After speaking to Tony Vittesse - General Manager Harris Teeter last night he stated he would have these soups taken off the shelf based on my finding that sharp plastic object in the Harris Teeter Wild Mushroom soup. But lone and behold upon coming in to Harris Teeter today (which is the day after I spoke to Tony) to drop off and show him the soup and object, Tony is off work, and all the Wild Mushroom Bisque soups are still on the shelf being sold.
I think that *** foreign object cracked a back molar. I've got an appointment at the dentist tomorrow morning.
Beware guys and gals. I've included pics as I don't want anyone else getting hurt!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- If my tooth is actually broken (I'll find out tomorrow) I would hope that at the very least Harris Teeter will pay my medical bills
- Product or service
- Wild Mushroom Bisque Soup
- Review category
- Food Stores
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hello all, I already posted my thoughts about Publix's scam many months ago. I have seen people making comments about my thoughts saying "why don't you work for publix and change..."
- "While shopping at my local Safeway Dec 17th I saw some plates on sale I liked. They were displayed in a large box on a shelf. The plates..."
- "I will just say anonymously that Publix in Florida will give out tons of food to the Harry Chapin Food Bank for "poor" people (read that as people ALREADY getting..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "HMW HOme warranty - called when my heating unit is not warming up my house. They said all parts are "working". When below freezing temperatures the unit ran..."
- "I purchased a box of flat wood toothpicks made by this company and carried by Giant Food. I'm afraid to use them because as soon as you try one,..."
- "I have a black side by side whirlpool refrigerator. It was put in my home by Pulte home builders in April of 2014 and has a 2 year warranty. Since day..."