2/1/2014 I opened a can of Harris Teeter Wild Mushroom Bisque Soup (you know, the one they sell in the refrigerated section), and made a bowl of soup. While eating the soup I felt something in my mouth that definitely wasn't soup, and unfortunately I had bit down on it, and I think I cracked a tooth. Upon pulling the object from my mouth, I found this about 1 inch long piece of clear plastic that is sharp and pointed on both sides. I checked the container, and nothing was broken off the container so it must have entered the container during manufacturing...., Ugh..., I'm totally grossed out..
So I called Harris Teeter last night 2/1/2014 and spoke to the General Manager Tony Vittesse, and he was totally concerned about me bringing the container in, and sending it to their Quality Control Department. I told him that I was concerned I might have broken a tooth, and he said don't worry we'll take care of you. So I have an appointment at the dentist tomorrow morning. I was concerned that there might be other foreign objects in other soups on the shelf so I asked Tony if he'll be removing those from the shelf and he said he would.
2/2/2014 Unbelievable! After speaking to Tony Vittesse - General Manager Harris Teeter last night he stated he would have these soups taken off the shelf based on my finding that sharp plastic object in the Harris Teeter Wild Mushroom soup. But lone and behold upon coming in to Harris Teeter today (which is the day after I spoke to Tony) to drop off and show him the soup and object, Tony is off work, and all the Wild Mushroom Bisque soups are still on the shelf being sold.
I think that *** foreign object cracked a back molar. I've got an appointment at the dentist tomorrow morning.
Beware guys and gals. I've included pics as I don't want anyone else getting hurt!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- If my tooth is actually broken (I'll find out tomorrow) I would hope that at the very least Harris Teeter will pay my medical bills
- Product or service
- Wild Mushroom Bisque Soup
- Review category
- Food Stores
You May Also Like
- "While shopping at my local Safeway Dec 17th I saw some plates on sale I liked. They were displayed in a large box on a shelf. The plates..."
- "On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at approximately 8:15 P.M., I went into the Pavilions location at: 8969 Santa Monica Boulevard, West Hollywood, California 90069 (310) 595-1730 and received absolutely Low Class, Horrible..."
- "I just left the store located in King of Prussia for the second time this evening 8/25/2016!! I purchased chicken from the store. Once arriving home my wife and I..."
- "HMW HOme warranty - called when my heating unit is not warming up my house. They said all parts are "working". When below freezing temperatures the unit ran..."
- "I purchased a box of flat wood toothpicks made by this company and carried by Giant Food. I'm afraid to use them because as soon as you try one,..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."
- "Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! This has been one of the worst experiences ever! 3 weeks ago i signed up for the 7 day free trial, immediately charged 99.99. Contacted google, and..."
- "Having worked for nine years and had Frontier service as long. They have Tech's that will add services to your billing and until you discover it they won't return any..."