Harris Teeter Soups - Foreign Objects in Soup Container
2/1/2014 I opened a can of Harris Teeter Wild Mushroom Bisque Soup (you know, the one they sell in the refrigerated section), and made a bowl of soup. While eating the soup I felt something in my mouth that definitely wasn't soup, and unfortunately I had bit down on it, and I think I cracked a tooth. Upon pulling the object from my mouth, I found this about 1 inch long piece of clear plastic that is sharp and pointed on both sides. I checked the container, and nothing was broken off the container so it must have entered the container during manufacturing...., Ugh..., I'm totally grossed out..
So I called Harris Teeter last night 2/1/2014 and spoke to the General Manager Tony Vittesse, and he was totally concerned about me bringing the container in, and sending it to their Quality Control Department. I told him that I was concerned I might have broken a tooth, and he said don't worry we'll take care of you. So I have an appointment at the dentist tomorrow morning. I was concerned that there might be other foreign objects in other soups on the shelf so I asked Tony if he'll be removing those from the shelf and he said he would.
2/2/2014 Unbelievable! After speaking to Tony Vittesse - General Manager Harris Teeter last night he stated he would have these soups taken off the shelf based on my finding that sharp plastic object in the Harris Teeter Wild Mushroom soup. But lone and behold upon coming in to Harris Teeter today (which is the day after I spoke to Tony) to drop off and show him the soup and object, Tony is off work, and all the Wild Mushroom Bisque soups are still on the shelf being sold.
I think that *** foreign object cracked a back molar. I've got an appointment at the dentist tomorrow morning.
Beware guys and gals. I've included pics as I don't want anyone else getting hurt!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- If my tooth is actually broken (I'll find out tomorrow) I would hope that at the very least Harris Teeter will pay my medical bills
- Product or service
- Wild Mushroom Bisque Soup
- Review category
- Food Stores
You May Also Like
- "I went to buy eggs at the dollar general on grand ave. in fort smith ar. They had some eggs on the 50% off rack. I got to the register..."
- "#601 located 2120 South Roan street Johnson City,Tn 37601. I have a serious complaint. I have talked to John Jones Executive Vice President about a critical situation about the..."
- "Around a month ago I was overcharged for an item at publix. As this happened to me countless times, as my routine I returned the item, got my full refund..."
- "I have a black side by side whirlpool refrigerator. It was put in my home by Pulte home builders in April of 2014 and has a 2 year warranty. Since day..."
- "HMW HOme warranty - called when my heating unit is not warming up my house. They said all parts are "working". When below freezing temperatures the unit ran..."
- "I purchased a box of flat wood toothpicks made by this company and carried by Giant Food. I'm afraid to use them because as soon as you try one,..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."
- "About seven months ago I had Hardwood Specialists come out to the house to look at my Hardwood floors. They were in very bad shape. Ken Zand the salesman came..."
- "I purchased an engine for a little over $2k for son's 2005 my Jeep. Was told by Tom and their website that engine came with a warranty. 17,000 miles (..."